Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an experienced tools programmer to join its core technology team. In this position you will develop new tools to increase productivity of the game teams, as well as help improve and extend existing tools and backend systems. This could involve writing extensions to the unreal editor such as asset validation, working with the unreal build and automation tools or writing standalone tools such as a game item creation/management tool.
- Experienced with Python, C++ and C#
- Experience in relational databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end users
- 3+ years of professional programming experience.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with the Unreal editor and build tool.
- Experience with web front end development
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.