Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an experienced tools programmer to join its core technology team. In this position you will develop new tools to increase productivity of the game teams, as well as help improve and extend existing tools and backend systems. This could involve writing extensions to the unreal editor such as asset validation, working with the unreal build and automation tools or writing standalone tools such as a game item creation/management tool.
- Experienced with Python, C++ and C#
- Experience in relational databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end users
- 3+ years of professional programming experience.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with the Unreal editor and build tool.
- Experience with web front end development
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.