Tools Programmer - Metrics
Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an experienced tools programmer with an interest in telemetry and data driven development to join its core technology team. In this position you will extend and improve our internal data gathering and querying platform, working closely with stakeholders from the project teams, marketing and tech. You will be responsible for gathering and aggregating relevant data from multiple different sources, as well as developing new ways for users to query and visualize the data relevant to them.
- Have an interest in improving internal development productivity as well as player engagement and satisfaction through metrics gathering and analysis.
- Experience in user interface design, understanding the needs of both technical and non technical users.
- Experience writing systems that scale with large amounts of data.
- Expertise in Python and web front end development
- Expertise in relational databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- 3+ years of professional programming experience.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Experience in C++
- Experience using Unreal, Unity or other game focused engine.
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.