Lead Engine Programmer
Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an experienced lead engine programmer to join its core technology team. In this position you will work with the CTO and project producers to define the roadmap for engine feature and server development for all of Funcom's internal projects. You will lead and grow the engine team in order to drive forwards our cross project technology and help our games exploit their target platforms to the fullest.
- +8 Years of Programming experience with time as a Lead/Manager
- Ability to lead engineers, providing technical direction, as well as mentoring members of the team.
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems and high level product requirements into technical design and tasks.
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Working understanding of multiple engine areas (networking, AI, physics, animations, rendering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working on current generation console titles
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
- Casual dress code
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.