Engineering - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an experienced console engineer to join its core technology team. In this position, you will work on a number of different titles, helping the project development teams update and optimize their projects to run smoothly on PS4, Xbox One and other consoles, and leverage all the platforms have to offer to deliver the best experience possible to the players.
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments
- Extensive experience with development for one or more current gen console platforms (Ps4, Xbox One, Switch), optimizing for the hardware in question and interfacing with a number of the different platforms APIs provided
- Experience interfacing with platform holder support on complex issues
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Experience working on one or more released console titles
- Experience working with UE4
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours, Personal Trainers, etc.
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 25 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.