Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an experienced console engineer to join its core technology team. In this position, you will work on a number of different titles, helping the project development teams update and optimize their projects to run smoothly on PS4, Xbox One and other consoles, and leverage all the platforms have to offer to deliver the best experience possible to the players.
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Extensive experience with development for one or more current gen console platforms (Ps4, Xbox One, Switch), optimizing for the hardware in question and interfacing with a number of the different platforms APIs provided.
- Experience interfacing with platform holder support on complex issues.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Experience working on one or more released console titles.
- To be fluent in English.
- Experience working with UE4
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.