Engineering - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for a talented rendering programmer with a keen interest in visual effects and solid knowledge of modern rendering approaches, to work on our upcoming games.
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize rendering features, working closely with the artists to help us create visually compelling experiences. You will also be heavily involved in deciding how best to drive our visuals forward.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques
- Excellent 3d Math skills
- Demonstrated experience working on recent graphics APIs, such as d3d12/11/libGNM
- Strong C++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Contributed significant rendering technology on one or more released titles
- A passion for visuals
- Experience working with UE4
- Worked on current generation console titles
- Have a working understanding of the architecture of modern GPUs (GCN, etc.)
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours, Personal Trainers, etc.
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 25 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.