Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for a talented rendering programmer with a keen interest in visual effects and solid knowledge of modern rendering approaches, to work on our upcoming games.
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize rendering features, working closely with the artists to help us create visually compelling experiences. You will also be heavily involved in deciding how best to drive our visuals forward.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques.
- Excellent 3d Math skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on recent graphics APIs, such as d3d12/11/libGNM.
- Strong C++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Contributed significant rendering technology on one or more released titles.
- A passion for visuals.
- To be fluent in English.
- Experience working with UE4
- Worked on current generation console titles
- Have a working understanding of the architecture of modern GPUs (GCN, etc.)
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.