From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our studio in Bucharest, Romania, needs an Operations Manager to make sure the studio has all the supplies needed, to ensure the facility management, and that all local projects and events are efficiently implemented.
Your Mission in Funcom
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for supporting the head of studio in securing the studio runs smoothly and achieves its targets, creating the right working conditions for the team. The main mission is to make sure the studio has all the supplies needed, to ensure the facility management and that all local projects and events are efficiently implemented; An important part of the mission is to manage all the internal tools and reports, to align with global Operations and Finance team and to make sure budgets and financial guidelines are respected.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Sources and oversees contracts and service providers for the cost-effective provision of quality services and equipment to have fully operational studio in Bucharest
- Ensures office space is well-maintained, oversees any renovations, refurbishments projects and makes sure the compliance with local standards and people expectations
- Keeps the relationship with any external stakeholder (local authorities/ building owners/lawyers, etc) to secure full compliance with local regulations/contractual agreements
- Manages IT/Internal communication systems and Security policies implementation at studio level working with third parties or coordinating internal resources
- Manages any studio reporting to global teams providing accurate data
- Manages monthly budgeting and monitor cash flow
- Works with the HRBP to make sure the employees have all the tools they need to perform their job
- Designs the concept for all internal events for employees (Project events/local parties/etc) together with the global HR & Communication Specialist and supports the local HRBP in organizing and deploying them
- Supports the HRBPs in University Relationships – events, booths, etc
- Ensures travel management working with external travel agencies or providing information and support regarding passports, visas, and any other necessary documentation
- Deals with any emergency that might occur
We are looking for someone that has:
- At least 3 years in Operations management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Fluent English
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Competent writing and communication skills – including the ability to communicate technical information
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Time management skills
- Procurement and negotiation
- Proactive thinking and flexibility
- Understanding of soft and hard service delivery
- Passion about delivering consistent excellence
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.