From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our studio in Bucharest, Romania, needs an HR Business Partner to implement all the local HR processes with the first focus on recruitment and hiring.
Your Mission in Funcom
As the HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for implementing all HR processes for Bucharest Studio with the first focus on recruitment and hiring. The person should ensure that the recruitment targets and strategy are well implemented, managing end to end the recruitment process.
Part of the mission is to make sure all the other HR processes (onboarding, training, and developing, operational HR) are put in place and functional. The HRBP acts as an advisor for all the managers and teams in the studio on any HR process.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Based on the staffing plan build by the Function Director and Head of Studio, builds recruitment approach and strategy, identifying the best recruitment channels (recruitment sites, direct search, social media, etc.)
- Organizes discussions with all the stakeholders to understand well the requirements for the jobs opened.
- Advertises in the best/appropriate format using also his/her strong networking skills
- Sources& screens the candidates
- Drives the selection process (interviews, educational or professional experience, references, technical testing), involving appropriately all the stakeholders and following the global recruitment process.
- Works with the Head of Studio and Chief HR Officer to build the offers and close the positions
- Participates in external events as an employer (job fairs, other industry events, etc.) - working closely with HR Communication & Events Specialist
- Manages all the HR programs (University Relationships; Training, Performance Management, Career Management, Motivation) in the studio, having in mind the global guidelines but also the local needs
- Acts as an advisor and problem-solver for all employees on all HR topics
- Makes sure that all HR processes and employee benefits are well known by the employees
- Comes with initiatives and local proposals for any HR topic/process
- Works with the other HRBPs from the other studios in HR processes alignment
- Supports the organization of any local event together with the Operations Manager
- Keeps track of turnover and works with the CHRO and Head of Studio to find solutions
- Organizes exit interviews and centralize/document information according to the global process
We are looking for someone that has:
- At least 3 years experience in IT/Gaming Recruitment and 1 year as HR BP
- A Master’s degree in HR would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Fluent English
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Previous relevant experience working in a multicultural, international environment
- Ability to work with different personalities and adapt
- Collaborative approach and client-focused
- Outstanding listening and communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on (sometimes) complicated issues
- Proactive and Creative (in recruitment, for example)
- Outside-in mindset/ flexible
- Coaching and counseling skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry or being able to understand the industry and people in video gaming
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.