From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, Funcom needs a Lead Programmer to join and help build its new Core Tech team in Stockholm, Sweden.
Your Mission in Funcom
In this position you will lead and grow a team of both engine and tools programmers, working in tandem with the Engine and Tools teams in Oslo and Lisbon to push our cross-project technology further.
We are looking for someone that has:
- +8 Years of Programming experience with time as a Lead / Manager
- Ability to lead engineers, providing technical direction, as well as mentoring members of the team
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems and high-level product requirements into technical design and tasks
- Strong C ++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory-constrained environments
- Working understanding of multiple engine areas (networking, AI, physics, animations, rendering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/trigonometry
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working on console titles
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Outsiders studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, and close to 30 people. Located in Södermalm, in the heart of the game dev scene in Stockholm surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at The Outsiders studio offers a flexible working schedule, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.