From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio- plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Tech department in Stockholm, Sweden needs a DevOps and Perforce Engineer to help create and maintain our source control infrastructure.
Your Mission in Funcom
In this position, your responsibilities will be to create and maintain our source control infrastructure. Help to make software building and deployment easier. Design scripts and tools used for software deployment. Seamlessly integrate updates of the software using continuous delivery pipelines.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Maintenance and improvement of the build system (in-house technology)
- Develop and improve our build scripts
- Maintain our source control software (perforce and in-house solutions)
- Providing support for the teams.
- Work on build automation
- Improving builds performance
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the build process
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience with Python, c# and .net
- Experience with Perforce administration
- Experience using CI tooling
- Experience with DevOps (preferable)
- Experience working with the Unreal editor and build tool (preferable)
- Knowledge of continuous build, release and deployment systems.
- Knowledge of container-based development (preferable)
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end-users
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Outsiders studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, and close to 30 people. Located in Södermalm, in the heart of the game dev scene in Stockholm surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at The Outsiders studio offers a flexible working schedule, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.