From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250+ people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom Inc. is looking for a talented Release Manager to handle the releases of the company’s development and publishing projects. In this position, you will coordinate project updates / patches across multiple platforms and SKUs, working closely with all of the project teams as well as the various target platform owners to ensure timely and smooth releases.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum of 2 years in a project management focused role
- 2+ years in the gaming industry; 1 full production shipped title
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience with build and release processes.
- An understanding of project management & version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce, including branching, integration, and merging techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of the game development process and experience working with shipped titles.
- Passion for making and playing games
- BA in Communications or related field
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG’s, e.g. Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust etc.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate project patch development internally across the different teams (engineering, art, design, etc.).
- Schedule updates across multiple different platforms, SKUs and regions, taking into account development team capacity as well as QA capacity.
- Interface with platform holders (Microsoft, Sony, Steam, etc.) to schedule releases, and gather requirements.
- Understand platform certification requirements and assist development teams in determining potential issues before and during release.
- Interface with marketing / community management, as well as project management to communicate timelines as well as the exact nature of each update.
- Drive communication and troubleshooting of release issues.
- Create, document, execute, and improve the process of build packaging, verification, certification, and release. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment
- Continued training and career development opportunities
- Team and Family-oriented culture
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.