From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250+ people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Dev teams need a Dev QA Tester. We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
As part of the job, you will evaluate and perform first pass QA testing on new features and content and provide early feedback to the development team, report issues/bugs, help developers with reproducing, identifying and isolating bugs, and work directly with the development team to bring each project to life. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products, as well as mentor and serve as a resource for the team.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2+ years of QA experience with online video games
- Basic practical knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards, and the video game development cycle
- Experience with various video game genres and gaming hardware
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
- A track record of being proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature
- Experience with the test cycle of a commercial game project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance
- Experience with test and issue management tools
- A technical background and experience with C++, SQL and/or Python is preferable, but not a hard requirement
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Visual Studio is preferable, but not a hard requirement
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG’s, e.g. Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust etc.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment
- Continued training and career development opportunities
- Team and Family-oriented culture
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.