From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Community Support to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles and upcoming flagship titles.
As a Community Support, you will be responsible for supporting players with information and proactive measures to prevent problems ahead of time. You will be a key player in ensuring our players receive the best possible experience as part of a global team spread across different offices.
Your Mission in Funcom
- Prepare content for our players to keep them up-to-date about the game, such as patch notes, announcements and documentation on the new features
- Collect bug reports from players and relay them to our QA teams
- Help keeping our official servers fair and fun by creating and revising rules and behaviour guides and enforcing them.
- Gather feedback from our players and deliver it to our development teams
- Generate reports and build insight to anticipate future issues
- Proactively act on potential issues to protect player experience
- Working in sync with our Customer Support team, provide support for players in the relevant channels
We are looking for someone that has:
- Proven experience in community support, moderation, social media or another public communication-related field.
- A deep understanding of and interest in video game culture and communities or a good understanding of proactive preventative customer support and customer education
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Able to manage tasks and prioritize autonomously
You can impress us further if you have:
At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- B.A. Degree in Writing, Journalism, Marketing or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
- Loves playing survival games.
- Video/Image content design/editing skills.
- Previous experience in game/entertainment industry.
Native English speaker
- Knowledge of Conan Exiles
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
How to Apply:
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.