From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, the US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Marketing department in Oslo needs a Graphics Designer to create a broad range of visual assets.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking for a Graphics Designer to join our team’s mission of driving awareness, engagement, and sales for all our games through the creation of striking visual assets. This position is part of the Funcom marketing department and the permanent location for this role is Oslo, Norway.
The Graphics Designer will work in a team of other creatives under the supervision of the Marketing Art Director. You will create a broad range of visual assets, primarily static designs, but depending on your skillset it's highly beneficial if you can in addition work with motion graphics and other animated pieces. We are looking for someone with a strong eye for visual design and who has the ability to make design choices based on not only skill and experience but also market and user insight.
A strong passion for PC/console games and a good understanding of marketing visuals for games can make up for a lack of prior experience in the gaming industry.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work hands-on with creating a wide range of assets for use in marketing materials including store assets, advertisement, social media banners, screenshots, posters, and more
- Work with the Marketing Art Director and other key stakeholders such as Brand Managers in creating visual brand style guides
- Work on multiple projects at the same time, often jumping between vastly different styles and themes across a variety of IPs
We are looking for someone that has:
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, or equivalent
- A high level of creativity and a great eye for composition, contrast, and color
- Experience in creating a wide variety of assets for ads and storefronts
- The ability to work iteratively and collaborate well in a team environment
- The ability to juggle several tasks and projects while keeping a cool head within a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral English
- Willingness to relocate to Oslo
In addition, the perfect candidate has one or more of these:
- A genuine interest in games, the gaming industry, and gaming trends
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and web design tools
- Experience with digital illustration and sketching
- Experience in taking existing artworks and working them into a wide variety of marketing assets and creative platforms
- Experience with the Unreal engine
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.