From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in Lisbon needs a Senior 3D Artist to work initially on the Conan Exiles project and after on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
As a Senior 3D Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Project Producer to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency, setting high visual standards. You will be an integral part of the art team tasked with designing and implementing a wide range of in-game art assets for use in our games.
We will expect you to:
- Create optimized game ready assets for today´s standards
- Help artists to create kit pieces for modular constructions
- Flexibility to do organic sculpting and Hard surface modeling
- Capacity to interpret a 2D concept and make a 3D version solving problems
- Lead, mentor and motivate 3D artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust and communication
- Follow and respect the art direction guidelines
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 5 year of experience as a 3D Artist or Modeler in the game industry
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Expert-level proficiency with Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Substance Suite and/or other 3D software packages
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and production management tools
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent English communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- A keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from 10 countries. The team includes visionary programmers, artists, animators, community supporters, designers, and everyone in between, who all strive to deliver the very best.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, social Fridays, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. At the office, there is a library with console games, board games, comics, and books for the employees to borrow. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.