Technical QA Analyst
Quality Assurance – Funcom (Durham, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Quality Assurance Analyst to join its development team in Raleigh, NC working on a new cooperative online shooter game, with a premium business model, using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
As the Technical QA Analyst at Funcom, Inc. you will evaluate and test upcoming games and content, report issues, provide feedback, and work directly with the development team to bring each project to life. You will also assistant the Technical/Programming team with scripting projects
- Perform first pass QA testing on new features and content and provide early feedback to the development team.
- Work with the technical/engineering team on game development scripting and programming projects.
- Enter issues/bugs into the bug tracking system.
- Evaluate game play and provide constructive design feedback.
- Help developers with reproducing, identify and isolate bugs.
- Work closely with development team and gather documentation for gameplay and features.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 2+ years of game development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and present detailed and complicated issues and analyses in an effective manner.
- Basic academic or practical knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, software testing standards, and the software development cycle.
- Knowledge and experience with Python and C type languages (C, C++, C#)
- Must have experience in playing computer games and have a familiarity with the latest gaming software and hardware.
- Strong analytical and problem detection skills.
- Proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature.
- Ability to communicate and present detailed and complicated issues and analyses in an effective manner.
- Experience with test cycle for a commercial game project, through alpha, beta and launch.
- Experience with playing FPS games.
- Experience with Jira.
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).