Engineering – Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Gameplay Programmer to join its development team in Raleigh North Carolina, working on a new Online Co-Op Shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Gameplay Programmer at Funcom, Inc. will work directly with team members to implement game features and systems within the Unreal game engine for a compelling experience for our players.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with animators and designers to implement game play features.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Must have experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language
- Experience working with consoles (Xbox One, PS4 and Switch).
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).