Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc
The Console/UX Designer at Funcom, Inc. will work closely with the creative and design teams and will be responsible for ensuring our games play fantastically using game controllers across multiple platforms. As part of a team of Designers, you'll collaborate with team members from other disciplines to drive and build a compelling gameplay experience on next-gen consoles and for the PC.
- Design control systems for our upcoming games and work with the programming team to implement them.
- Work with the systems and gameplay teams to implement entirely new features.
- Work directly with other designers, UI, QA, and playtest groups to refine and improve UX & gameplay.
- Implement design feedback to improve the experience on consoles.
- Generate and maintain feature and content usage documentation.
- Mentor junior members of a team, particularly in gameplay and combat design methodology.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ years of professional game development experience.
- Previous experience shipping at least 1 video game title as a Console Designer.
- Experience, as a designer and as a player, with online games/titles.
- Experience with FPS games.
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process.
- Being very familiar with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience as a Level Designer.
- Scrum or Agile Experience
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).