From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, Funcom is working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment and we are looking for an Associate Producer to join our Creative team in Oslo, Norway.
Your Mission in Funcom
The Creative Team in Oslo is the team responsible for the ultimate release quality of our internal and external projects. The team works with the project teams to determine IP and creative direction, narrative, story, cinematics, world building, and provides design guidance. The Creative Team is not tied to a specific project but must be capable of switching focus and providing resources to multiple teams as required. The Creative Team can be working on many different projects at the same time – and the perfect candidate for this position will be comfortable working with multiple producers and organizing the work to meet the needs of each team in a timely fashion.
You will get to work with all the IP that Funcom is developing – from Conan to Dune to Mutant Year Zero and many more.
In this role, you will work with the Chief Creative Officer to coordinate and track the Creative team’s activities and assist them through their project deliveries. For this position, we are looking for both a leader as well as a team player; someone that is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues.
You will be part of growing the Creative Team together with the Chief Creative Officer Director in the project, working with internal and external stakeholders on the overall vision for the direction and quality of each game.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer to assist all project teams in meeting their creative and quality requirements
- Co-ordinate requests from multiple project teams and arrange deadlines and delivery schedules for the creative team
- Manage an external team of freelancers who provide writing/art for the creative team
- Work with external partner projects to handle Game Evaluations and Quality evaluations
- Build the Creative Team together with the Chief Creative Officer to create a fullyfledged creative team capable of handling the needs to multiple projects – both internal and external
- Responsibility for IP processes with externals
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term
- Provide progress updates, ensure good communication and improve best practices
We are looking for someone that has:
- 1-3 years of game development experience in a Production role, in addition to additional experience in another role in a game development team
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Understanding of traditional and Agile project management methodologies and knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good people skills, and approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- A passion for video games
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.