From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, Funcom is working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment and we are looking for an Associate Producer to join our team in Oslo, Norway.
In this role, you will coordinate, track, and guide the team’s activities and ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. For this position, we are looking for both a leader as well as a team player; someone that is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues.
You will work with the producers and discipline Leads to enforce the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game/project and determine the resources necessary to complete projects. This involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term, provide motivation, progress updates, ensure good communication and improve best practices. You will act as a coach and work in collaboration with the other teams to support them and ensure that they are continuously improving.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2-5 years of game development experience with a background in art/design/code before switching to an internal development Production role
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Understanding of traditional and Agile project management methodologies and knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of risk management and prioritization of features based on their cost and risk versus their value to the project
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good people skills, and approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- A passion for video games
In addition, the perfect candidate has one or more of these:
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones
- Deep knowledge about game development processes
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
- Knowledge of version control software such as Perforce
- Experience with playing and understanding multiple Survival / Open World / Crafting games
- Ability to create a culture of quality and personal accountability throughout the development pipeline
- Credited on at least 1 shipped AA+ multi-platform title in a management position
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.