Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile QA Lead to be based in the Raleigh, NC area. The QA Lead will be working on a new cooperative online shooter game using an IP from Heroic Signatures. We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
As the Quality Assurance Lead, you'll lead the QA team and will be responsible for improving the player experiences for Funcom's games/products. You’ll build and/or support the QA team to ensure high-quality standards and reliability for all Funcom games/creations/projects. You love managing a team, have a passion for video games and your eye for quality will ensure a successful QA team.
- Provide leadership and direction for QA Testers in addition to managing their projects and schedules.
- Create test plans/Story testing and facilitate team execution within an agile development framework.
- Communicate risks, defects and coverage reports to development teams, turning potential problems into new accomplishments.
- Provide QA signoff on product release readiness, promising amazing player experiences.
- Integrate and collaborate, leading team and cross-team improvements in partnership with other QA Leads.
Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. degree or have the equivalent real-world/game development experience.
- At least 1 year of experience leading or managing a Quality Assurance team; experience in a game development studio is a plus.
- Familiar with all phases of QA game development with expertise in game, web or network QA.
- Professional experience with software version control and are preferably agile/Scrum in your development approach.
- Passionate about mentoring top talent and increasing your skills in leading, motivating and managing teams.
- A skilled thinker, pulling insight from other industries and free-associating yourself into unique perspectives on problems; your thinking skills help you solve the glitches and problems.
- Experienced with Zephyr and Excel- extensive experience with bug management systems, bug tracking and bug reporting.
Communications Professional- effectively leading a team and championing the cause of players in a complex environment requires it, you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, breakroom or Slack (our internal messaging software).
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).