From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission at Funcom
Funcom is working on a new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment, and we are looking for an Associate Producer to join our team in Raleigh, NC.
You will take lead on a team of talented creators, across all Funcom studios, in a journey through Frank Herbert’s exciting Sci-fi universe. You will work on the Dune IP as a leading mind in bringing this survival-based title to life, guiding players through the harsh world of Arrakis, a dangerous adventure torn by the never-ending search for Spice. You will help to build Dune into a long-standing, successful IP that can even outlast the will of a sandworm.
In this role, you will coordinate, track, and guide the team’s activities and ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. For this position, we are looking for both a leader as well as a team player; someone that is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues.
You will work with producers and other leadership members to enforce the overall vision, direction, and quality of the Dune IP. You will be diligent and mindful as you figure out the resources necessary to complete projects. This involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, clearing roadblocks on the day-to-day and in the longer term, providing motivation and rallying the team, constant communication, and always working towards a higher standard. You will act as a mentor, supporting the team to ensure that they are continuously improving, and ready to take on any challenges crafting the world of Dune may bring.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Manage day-to-day production, and cross-functional needs related to the Dune IP.
- Become a subject matter expert of the Dune IP, driving creative and ambitious approaches to the overall vision and quality across all studios.
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, process, and accountability across all departments.
- Hold daily Scrum standups and Sprints.
- Help drive and ensure development and QA processes, overall product quality, and testing.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Motivate and support the studio to ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available resources.
- Provide progress updates to studio leadership, while managing deadlines and deliverables.
- Oversee project team and execute the product plan using Agile/SCRUM Methodology.
- Coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, first party console resources, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all Funcom’s current and upcoming IPs.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2-5 years of game development experience with a background in art/design/code before switching to an internal development Production role.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of traditional and Agile project management methodologies and knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of risk management and prioritization of features based on their cost and risk versus their value to the project.
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing.
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working with people and approachable attitude and leadership style.
- A passion for video games.
- Experience managing external developers/resources.
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones.
- Deep knowledge about game development processes.
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Knowledge of version control software such as Perforce.
- Experience with playing and understanding multiple Survival / Open World / Crafting games.
- Ability to create a culture of quality and personal accountability throughout the development pipeline.
- Familiarity with basic animation processes and pipelines
- Credited on at least 1 shipped AA+ multi-platform title in a management position.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom NC Offers:
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family-oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.