From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for a project manager to join the development team in Oslo in the production of exciting online multiplayer games, starting with Conan Exiles.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Project Manager in Funcom, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining plans, budgets and processes, as well as supporting and guiding the team with the implementation of such processes and procedures. You will also work with the various teams and departments to find the best methodologies to fit their needs.
You are an analytical and structured individual, able to keep a cool head even under pressure. You pride yourself on being able to handle multiple tasks at once and take the initiative to drive processes leading to on-time, successful deliveries. Although you are comfortable working independently, you are also a team player who can work closely with people with all kinds of backgrounds and disciplines.
This position is located at the Funcom Oslo studio in Norway. Although we will adhere to the work-from-home situation, the successful candidate will be expected to join daily onsite studio work once the current restrictions are lifted. This position may require the right candidate to take personnel responsibility for part of the development team.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create and maintain project plans and budgets
- Ensure the adoption of processes and procedures for better planning and delivery
- Develop and advocate best practices and tools
- Monitor progress to ensure deadlines & standards are met
- Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholders
- Liaison with any 3rd party business relationship vital to the success of the project
- Perform a risk assessment to develop response strategies
- Help bring a higher degree of predictability and control to the sometimes chaotic game development process
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with project management techniques and methodologies, preferably within Game Development
- Bachelor’s degree in game development or management
- Scrum master certification
- Advanced knowledge of Jira or similar issue tracking tools
- Knowledge of Excel, SQL, HTML
- Ability to manage your own time/schedule, and be available at odd hours due to different time zones of our different partners
- A collaborative mindset – you are a team player who can work closely not only with all the professions in the team
- An analytical and organized mind
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing
- To be able to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Passion for video games and interest in learning about game development
- Preferably, experience working with console submission processes (Xbox/Playstation)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.