From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios in Europe and the US. With headquarters in Oslo, the team includes visionary programmers, artists, animators, community supporters, designers, and everyone in between, who all strive to deliver the very best.
As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is looking for a production assistant to join our production teams.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Production Assistant in Funcom, you will be working closely with producers, leads, and project directors to “make things happen” in the development teams. You will be taking care of all the small things that often fall between the cracks, to make sure the dev teams can work fluently. For this position, we seek a service-minded and technically inclined person that comes across as approachable, professional, detailed oriented and organized.
This position is located at the Funcom Oslo studio in Norway. Although we will adhere to the work-from-home situation, the successful candidate will be expected to join daily onsite studio work once the current restrictions are lifted.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Assisting the Producers/Directors/Project Managers with a varied range of tasks
- Assist development teams on reaching internal deadlines, submissions, and releases.
- Helping Producers/Directors/Project Managers with making plans and managing jira tasks.
- Organizing and facilitating playtests, demos/presentations, and team events.
- Help the development teams on coordinating communication.
- Creating and updating documentation of production workflow and pipeline.
- Making sure that the development team can work fluently and without hassle.
- Ordering and follow-up of hardware, software and licenses, as well as catering for the teams when needed.
- Contributing to onboarding new team members to the different teams.
- Helping people that have hardware problems.
- Helping organize offices and help keep the offices tidy.
We are looking for someone that is:
- Service minded.
- Computer (win or win+linux) experience.
- Analytical minded.
- Mindful about work ethics.
- A fast learner able to quickly pick up new software and tools such as Excel and Jira.
- Currently based in Oslo.
- Passionate about video games and interested on learning about game development.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 2 weeks.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.