Funcom NC is looking for a Technical QA Analyst to work on our new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment. This is a position where the right candidate will see steep knowledge and career growth with the guidance of our Technical and QA teams. We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
As a Technical QA Analyst at Funcom NC, you will work alongside programmers and designers to help ensure we meet our quality targets. You will test features and changes within the Unreal 4 Engine before they are pushed to the dev team, as well as help reproduce tricky issues across multiple platforms, catching them in the debugger when possible. You will also participate in writing automated tests for a new game and engine features.
At Funcom, we are a Scandinavian company at heart and follow Scandinavian work values (please check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom was founded in 1993 and during the past 28 years we've created everything from pixel platformers to massively multiplayer online games. Today, over 225 people from more than 25 different nationalities come together across our three studios in Norway, US, and Portugal. We want Funcom to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. From the critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal survival in Conan Exiles, we make games with an edge, while truly immersing and enjoying the culture we create!
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family-oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 2+ years of QA experience with online video games.
- Basic practical knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills.
- A track record of being proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature.
- Experience with Perforce or other source control applications.
- Technical background and experience with C++.
- Experience with the test cycle of a commercial game project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Visual Studio.
- Experience with various video game genres and gaming hardware.
- Experience with embedded QA methodologies and bug prevention strategies.
- Technical background and experience with Python and/or SQL
- Experience with test and issue management tools.
- Experience with Survival games and RPGs, e.g., Valheim, Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust, etc.
- Be the bridge between QA and the Engineering Department.
- Debug and analyze minor and major issues with the game.
- Help identify and analyze bugs, crashes, performance problems, and implementation tasks.
- Be part of the process of creating and deploying builds for testing.
- Be part of the stream integration team and help with the process.
- Technical and tools support including Perforce and various other software.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products, as well as mentor and serve as a resource for the team.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.