From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios (Norway, US, and Portugal). As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Sales Manager.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking for a Sales Manager to join the Sales & Distribution team’s mission to turn purchase intent into action, maximize revenue, and create new commercial opportunities. This is a senior role, reporting directly to the Sales Director, and will work closely with the team based in Oslo, Norway. Permanent location for this role is ideally Oslo, but other Funcom studios or remote work can be considered.
The Sales Manager will be a driving force behind maximizing revenue for all titles across Funcom’s portfolio of games. You will build and execute strategies to acquire customers, increase sales, upsell existing customers, and maximize revenue. You will drive sales campaigns, work with pricing strategy, identify and take advantage of new ways to distribute and commercialize our games, and you will work closely with first party and third-party stores and partners. You will take on a quest to optimize revenue and analyze and identify strengths and shortcomings in a data driven approach.
The Sales Manager is heavily involved in business development and will work closely with production and financial teams to build strategic partnership and commercial synergies.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Develop and execute sales strategies aimed at acquiring customers, upselling existing ones, and maximizing revenue across the board
- Manage and maximize the sales pipeline, across platforms and channels
- Strategic planning of sales campaigns and other commercial activities
- Work with game production, the Marketing team, the Community Engagement team, and the Creative Services team to strengthen a product’s commercial viability throughout its life cycle
- Work with the rest of the marketing department to ensure sales strategies and a strong commercial perspective is represented in go-to-market plans
- Work with the finance team in creating sales and revenue forecasts
- Analyze internal and external data and stay up to date on market developments to make informed commercial decisions
- Contribute to and analyze market research, using consumer and competitive insight to inform commercial decisions
- Track, analyze, and report key metrics to other teams and management
- Define pricing strategy and work with the other teams to create packages, bundles, and editions aimed to create value for the consumer and maximize revenue
- Develop and capitalize on strategic partnerships, with key industry partners, first party platforms, third party stores, and more
- Work with the Media Buy Specialist to support campaigns with media buy across platforms including video services, social media, first party platforms, websites, and more
- Maintain relationships with external partners, platforms, and sales channels, meeting with them regularly both online and at industry events
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree in business or sales
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the gaming industry
- Proven experience in sales within the gaming industry, preferably on the developer/publisher side, alternatively with a first party platform
- A data-oriented, analytical, and solutions-oriented approach
- The ability to work strategically, and the passion to execute
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills, with a strong ability to present insight and strategies to argue for your decisions and recommendations
- Strong understanding of the sales pipeline and the games market as a whole
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior
- Experience with business negotiations and contract reviews
- Strong understanding of business models for games
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
- The ability to travel
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. Our headquarters in Oslo, Norway has a strong international work culture, and is located in one of the happiest countries in the world! For more about our studio locations, visit Life at Funcom
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.