From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios (Norway, US, and Portugal). As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Regional Product Manager.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking to hire a Regional Product Manager with experience and expertise in a major regional market outside of Western Europe/North America. You will work closely within the Marketing Department from Oslo, Norway. Permanent location for this role is ideally Oslo, but other Funcom studios or remote work can be considered.
As Product Manager, you will take a leading role in ensuring the continued commercial success of our games in your region. You will live and breathe these titles and will be the flag bearer exploring and capitalizing on opportunities to grow the player base, maximize revenue, and deliver on commercial objectives. You will work with experts across multi-functional sales, marketing, and creative teams to develop strategies and execute on plans. You will explore strategic partnerships and work with business development for our titles, finding opportunities where others cannot. You are KPI-driven but also possess the creative flair needed to market games.
The Regional Product manager if a self-starter, tenacious, and able to argue convictions.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Take a leading role in ensuring commercial success for Funcom titles in your region
- Work with Funcom’s centralized cross-functional sales, marketing, creative, and production teams to execute strategies, go-to-market plans, and campaigns
- Be the voice for your region at Funcom, providing regional perspective and bringing to the table new ideas and opportunities that can help you achieve commercial success in your markets
- Conduct research and analyze data to make educated commercial decisions
- Analyze player behavior to uncover needs and desires we should accommodate, that can help improve the commercial performance of the titles in your region
- Work with management and marketing leads to establish commercial goals for a title in your region, as well as forecasts and marketing budget
- Track and analyze KPIs, deliver reports to management, and suggestions for next steps
- Actively pursue and develop commercial opportunities, and engage with externals on potential strategic partnerships for the titles
- Locally execute initiatives across the whole commercial spectrum, including PR, influencer partnerships, sales campaigns, distribution, store presence, social media, and more
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the gaming industry
- A well-rounded background and experience in games marketing and sales
- The ability to build a business case, present compelling arguments, and ground recommendations and decisions in data and insight
- Expertise and a well-built contact network within a region and markets outside of Western Europe and North America
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior
- The ability to be self-sufficient, work independently, but also part of a team
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills, with a strong ability to present insight and strategies to argue for your decisions and recommendations
- A data-oriented, analytical, and solutions-oriented approach
- The ability to work strategically, and the passion to execute
- The ability to combine creative thought with a data-driven approach
- The availability to travel
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. Our headquarters in Oslo, Norway has a strong international work culture, and is located in one of the happiest countries in the world! For more about our studio locations, visit Life at Funcom
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.