From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Marketing Manager.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team's mission of creating awareness for all Funcom games. This role would report to the Marketing Director and will work closely with the marketing team based in Oslo, Norway.
The Marketing Manager will be both analytical and creative, working with all aspects of marketing from planning to implementation. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop go-to-market plans, as well as working hands-on to generate awareness and purchase intent for all Funcom titles. The Marketing Manager will focus heavily on cross-team and cross-studio communication and will collaborate to successfully market our games.
The Marketing Manager will possess the creative flair and imagination needed for coming up with ideas and attracting the audience.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Use the freedom this role offers to leave a lasting impression on a game’s marketing campaign
- Work with cross-functional marketing, sales, and creative teams to develop and execute marketing strategies, with the goal of attracting players and building an audience
- Work with key industry partners to capitalize on their audiences, using strategic partnerships to build awareness and attention for the games
- Work with the Creative Services team to develop marketing assets that support campaigns, sales material, and other initiatives ensuring presentation is on target with quality and audience
- Conduct market research to gain insight that can inform key marketing decisions
- Represent Funcom and the games at key industry events
- Develop and execute creative marketing tactics that creates “wow” moments, grabs attention, and creates an audience both before and after launch
- Optimize marketing budgets to create maximum value for the titles
- Present marketing campaigns and their performance to key stakeholders
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years experience in a marketing role, within the gaming industry
- The drive, determination, and persistence to make things happen
- An analytical and solutions-oriented approach
- The ability to work strategically, and the passion to execute
- The ability to combine creative thought with a data-driven approach
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills, with a strong ability to present insight and strategies to argue for your decisions and recommendations
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
- Be available for travel and relocation
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.