From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios in Europe and the US. With headquarters in Oslo, the team includes visionary programmers, artists, animators, community supporters, designers, and everyone in between, who all strive to deliver the very best.
As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among others, establishing a dedicated community engagement team.
Your Mission in Funcom
As Social media Specialist you will be working closely with the rest of the Community Engagement Team and report to the Community Engagement Director, as well as support the Community Managers on our live teams.
You are our creative Guru for our social media channels and live and breath memes and pop culture but are also invested in numbers and data. You want to keep the fans informed and you want to inform the developers about what the fans are saying.
As an enthusiastic and self-motivated addition to the Community Engagement Team you cultivate our online communities with information and resources that will increase awareness and loyalty.
You work to increase our reach and engagement across all our social media platforms and will keep our social followers engaged with unique and relevant content as well as help grow our following on social media platforms.
This position is ideally located at the Funcom Oslo studio in Norway, but for the right candidate other solutions can be considered including other Funcom studios and remote work.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Help design and implement platform-specific marketing strategies that align with the overall engagement strategies
- Own branded social media channels, optimize, communicate, and execute beats according to the social media strategies and the engagement strategies
- Create and curate social content, including text, image, and video
- Own and build out a social media content publishing calendar
- Engage with our brand followers and fans on our social channels
- Stay informed about trends and tactics in social media and identify new potential
- Contribute to and own the company social media policy and crisis management in co-operation with PR
- Report on key KPIs, analyze ROI by preparing meaningful social media reports
- Coordinate with the Sales team and the rest of the marketing team about marketing and sales specific beats
- Ensure that social media channels are in line with the established messaging and tone of voice for the different brands
- Help craft and deploy social media processes and guidelines
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience in marketing/promotions, creating, executing and presenting strategic community plans
- Minimum 3 years of experience and well-versed in community management, social media, and digital marketing in the video game industry
- Creative, fun, collaborative, and solution-minded individual
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills
- Loves both to flex their creative muscles but also lives and breathes data and analytics
- Passion for Video Game Culture and Communities
- Fluency in gifs and memes - a self-proclaimed pop culture wizard
- Strong understanding of the different social media platforms and their audience/uses
- Experience with image and video editing software is a plus
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.