Senior Game Programmer
Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for a experienced, talented and versatile game programmer to join its development team in Oslo, working on Conan Exiles, as well as future projects.
In this position you will be responsible for implementing major game features, working in close collaboration with the design team. You will also be expected to mentor and help more junior members of the team.
- Excellent c++ skills.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Experience implementing gameplay systems such as AI, Ability Systems, RPG Systems, etc.
- Experience working on multiplayer games.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Have interest in game design and be able to give input to designers to ensure good algorithmic choices.
- 5+ years experience, including having worked on a released title from beginning to end.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working with consoles.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English.
- To have a passion for games.
- To relocate to Oslo.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be a team player who can work closely not only with designers but all the professions in the team.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume, cover letter and samples of your work.
Please note that applications lacking relevant work samples (or link to a website with such material) will not be reviewed.