Senior Game Programmer
Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an experienced, talented and versatile game programmer to join its development team in Oslo, Norway.
In this position you will be responsible for implementing major game features, working in close collaboration with the design team. You will also be expected to mentor and help more junior members of the team. You will take part in frequent code reviews and discussions to make sure we find a great balance between high quality and timely delivery, and with every change to our code we strive to leave it in a better state than when we started. You will be able to touch a lot of different gameplay systems, and you will need to be flexible and eager to both learn and teach.
The first project for this position will be on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in Q4 2018
- Excellent c++ skills
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry
- Experience implementing gameplay systems such as AI, Ability Systems, RPG Systems, etc.
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Have interest in game design and be able to give input to designers to ensure good algorithmic choices
- 5+ years experience, including having worked on a released title from beginning to end
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with consoles
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.