Production – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
The Project Manager at Funcom is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects within provided time frames and budgets. The Project Manager will help manage Funcom's existing projects, internal TEK team as well as being part of the next unannounced game project(s). This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The day to day work is tasking, tracking and insuring the development team is meeting the milestone objectives while keeping leadership team informed of overall progression.
- Manage day-to-day production, and cross-functional needs, while enforcing the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game/project.
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communications, organization, process, and accountability across all departments.
- Hold daily Scrum standups and Sprints.
- Help drive and ensure development and QA processes, overall product quality, and testing.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Motivate and support the studio to ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available resources.
- Compile and edit patch notes for Community and Localization.
- Provide progress updates to studio leadership and works well under deadlines.
- Oversee project team of designers, developers, and QA to execute the product plan using Agile/SCRUM Methodology.
- Coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, first party console resources, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of game development experience in an internal development Production role.
- SCRUM Certification preferred.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams.
- Excellent organizational and time management.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Good at working independently, thinking critically and offering quality ideas to improving organization’s processes.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills.
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment.
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities.
- Strong project management and people skills.
- Identify opportunities, analytical decision making and effective problem solving.
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing.
- An expert working in a collaborative environment.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A passion for video games.
- Coordinating and executing downtimes for the Live Games.
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering and art.
- Video Game Development Experience.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Office amenities. (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Possibility of participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives.
- Possibility of advancement.
- Training opportunities.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Our offices are structured as team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games.
- To relocate to Oslo.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.