Funcom Oslo – Funcom Oslo
The role of the Funcom Associate Producer should be a leader as well as a team player, self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues. The Associate Producer will coordinate, track, and guide activities of a development staff to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment a must; experience building and maintaining schedules are necessary.
- Work with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer and discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete projects.
- Use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality.
- Enforce the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game/project
- Oversee, coordinate, track and manage the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time.
- Assist Leads in solving higher level complex project management issues.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
- Provide motivation, direction, and improve best practices.
- Provide progress updates to studio leadership and works well under deadlines.
- Coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, first party console resources, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of game development experience in an internal development Production role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce.
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills.
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment.
- Ability to balance project demands with high quality and creative essentials.
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities.
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A passion for video games.
- Experience managing external developers/resources.
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering and art.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Office amenities. (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Possibility of participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives.
- Possibility of advancement.
- Training opportunities.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Our offices are structured as team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games.
- To relocate to Oslo.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.