Funcom was founded in 1993 and during the past 28 years we've created everything from pixel platformers to massively multiplayer online games. Today, over 200+ people from more than 25 different nationalities come together across our three studios in Norway, the US, and Portugal. We want Funcom to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. From the critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal survival in Conan Exiles, we make games with an edge, while truly immersing and enjoying the culture we create! For more insight into what makes Funcom the long-standing, passionate company we are, be sure to check our Life at Funcom and our History.
Funcom is looking for a Gameplay Programmer (Intermediate/Mid-Level) to join our development team based in Raleigh, NC to work on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
The Gameplay Programmer will report to our Lead Programmer and will work directly with the programming team tasked with implementing game features and systems within the Unreal game engine ultimately creating a compelling experience for our players.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family-oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design, Technical degree or equivalent relevant programming experience.
- At least 1 shipped game title.
- Experience working with UE4.
- An aptitude for breaking down complex problems and strong software design skills.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Development experience on game consoles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop online gameplay features in C ++ in the Unreal Engine.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with designers, animators, and other stakeholders to implement gameplay features.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.