From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune. After completing a successful turnaround Funcom is now in the middle of an exciting growth phase backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios in Europe and the US. With headquarters in Oslo, the team includes visionary programmers, artists, animators, community supporters, designers, and everyone in between, who all strive to deliver the very best.
Your Mission in Funcom
As an Executive Producer, you will be the primary driver of the projects in the Dune franchise, managing and leading producers, project directors and game developers to successfully launch several Dune games, including our most ambitious project – an open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
As a leader and manager, you know how to bring out the strengths of your team and develop an environment where your team thrives. You mentor and coach team members and empower your team with access to the right tools and resources to be productive and successful.
You have an intricate and detailed understanding of the game development process combined with deep knowledge about game business models with a player-centric approach. You approach challenges with a quality & ROI-driven mindset, and you leverage data and your own experience to make strategic decisions.
You are overseeing all phases of development and guiding the team through roadmap planning, team building, risk assessment and organization to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and with high quality.
Our development team is distributed in various locations, including our main studio in Oslo and our studios in Lisbon and North Carolina, as well as several partner studios involved in development of our games.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Define, present and follow up on the development strategy for the game
- Help define the scope, timeline and deliverables of the project
- Manage the full P&L for the projects
- Ensure alignment on all deliverables to ensure successful pr & marketing plans to support the game throughout production and into launch
- Support the creative direction and ensure that it meets the quality standards for the game and target market
- Challenge and support the Project director, Creative Director, Business and Marketing to ensure the quality of the connected game experience
- Manage and lead the senior managers and directors of the project, guiding them towards completion of the game and release to live
- Represent the projects towards company management, external stakeholders in the Tencent group and industry partners
- Foster and take an active role in the career development of team members
- And in general, by doing everything necessary to make your projects succeed!
We are looking for someone that has:
- 10+ years of experience in Production roles
- Been credited on at least 2 shipped AAA multi-platform title in a management position
- Experience in full development cycles, from conception to release, for titles released on console and PC
- Experience with Live / Games as a Service products, KPIs, monetization strategy and their overall lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience developing multi-player, open-world titles
- Experience advocating for the project with different stakeholders, including business, publishing, first-party and media.
- Understanding of project development methodologies
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of the video game market and industry with solid understanding of major trends in the gaming business.
- Excellent project management skills
- Deep knowledge of multiple genres of console and PC games
- Deep understanding of game development and pipelines including knowledge of latest production methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Lean)
- Ability to balance forecasting, strategy, planning, and execution.
- Ability to manage/lead medium-large dev teams, ideally cross-studio and with multiple time zones
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently;
- Having a consensus-building leadership style
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude;
- Capacity to analyze risk and make contingency plans;
- Creative and innovative;
- Positive attitude and outlook;
- Proactive, dynamic and diplomatic;
- Results-oriented and works extremely well with multiple tasks;
- Strong presentation skills at every level of the business;
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.