From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for a Junior Tools Programmer to join our core technology team. In this position you will develop new tools to increase productivity of the game teams, as well as help improve and extend existing tools and backend systems.
This could involve writing extensions to the unreal editor such as asset validation, working with the unreal build and automation tools or writing standalone tools such as a game item creation/management tool.
- Experience in relational databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end user
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Experience with full stack web development
- Experience working with source control
- Experience with nix based operating systems
- Knowledge of container based development
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.