As a Lead Content Designer, you will help shape the vision for the world of Conan Exiles. You will be responsible for continuing and strengthening the current version of the game by leading the effort to create new content and features. You will assist the design team in captivating players with memorable experiences through mentor-driven leadership.
The Lead Content Designer will have experience with planning and implementing: world design, game pacing, campaign, tutorial, scenarios, levels, quests, characters, items, and more. You will work with the design team to ensure evolving, solid content through future releases. You will be working with a long-standing team of individuals and will guide them by chopping out obstacles and surviving any trial.
At Funcom, we are a Scandinavian company at heart and follow Scandinavian work values (please check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
- Lead the content design team through direct mentorship and leading by example
- Expand the game world following the existing designs and world guide
- Create quality goals, workflows, and guides for all game relevant content elements
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, writers, and partners
- Plan and direct the creation of design content, including conception, presentation, iteration, and writing (campaign, tutorial, scenarios, levels, quests, characters and items, etc.)
- Improve all mechanics used to create content, such as game pacing, difficulty curves, game flow, player progression, narrative aspects, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a game studio, working in a game or content design capacity
- 3+ years of experience leading a design team
- Professional experience working on MMOs/Survival genre
- Professional history with shipped titles
- Extensive understanding of design processes including game design, narrative design, level design, content design, and game writing
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
- Clear, effective communication across teams and cultures
- Self-motivated and self-driven to collaborate and drive change in a studio environment
- Ability to work with resolve while thinking critically and resolving complex issues
- Strong familiarity with Conan Exiles and the Conan the Barbarian IP
- Enjoys playing survival genre games
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team-oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.