Funcom Oslo is the company’s headquarters, founded in 1993, housing several teams including marketing, business, and development. After completing a successful turnaround Funcom is now in the middle of an exciting growth phase backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world.
The Oslo team consists of roughly 100 people from almost 30 countries. The team includes visionary programmers, artists, animators, community supporters, designers, and everyone in between, who all strive to deliver the very best.
We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper to more recent titles such as Conan Exiles. We’ve won numerous awards and we’ve celebrated success.
You will have an impact by supporting our growth, bringing to the team passionate professionals. You will work together with the CHRO and global HR team, as well as the Senior Management team to identify and solve hiring needs by filling open positions with talented and qualified candidates. You will be responsible for the full life cycle of the recruiting process, from identifying the needs of the studio to onboarding our new hires. You can have a bigger impact later getting involved in other HR processes and evolving to an HR BP role.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Participate together Chief HR Officer and local management team in identifying recruitment needs based on the staffing plan for Funcom Oslo
- Implement the recruitment plan either through external or internal recruitment; collaborate with recruitment agencies in closing open positions
- Job Profiling- Identifying the profile needed by the team
- Discuss with managers on expectations on that profile
- Compare the profile required with the existing JD and amending if needed
- Identify the best channels (recruitment sites, direct search, social media etc) to fit the profile needed
- Advertise in the best/appropriate format using also his/her strong networking skills
- Screening & Conduct selection process
- Implement the selection process (CVs, interviews, educational or professional experience, references, technical testing)
- Give feedback to hiring managers on the whole processes and candidate profile
- Propose improvement of the recruitment procedures if needed and requested by the hiring managers
- Conduct employees’ induction and integration programs to ensure smooth orientation and high retention rate of new employees
What sets you apart:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Strong IT recruitment experience (knowledge of applicant tracking systems or other relevant software, strong profile searching, assessment skills) - minimum 3 years
- Initiative, ownership, creativity, passion for what you do
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- A keen interest on learning more about the videogame industry
- Identifying with, and embracing, our company values (check out our company values and history)
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Advanced English level/knowledge of European market with focus on Nordic countries
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week. We encourage people from all nationalities to apply, and ask that the application be sent in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.