From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission at Funcom
At Funcom, we are continuously looking to improve our games and the content we provide to our players. As part of that improvement, we are looking to build a Data Analytics team for Conan Exiles and future Funcom games! As a Lead Game Data Analyst in Funcom, you will be the cornerstone to building and developing data analytics processes in our dev teams. You will be trusted to gather, analyze and communicate information that can help dev teams and senior management make smart decisions about the projects.
You will also be directly involved in the hiring of the new members of your team, as well as onboarding, leading and developing them as their personnel manager.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with development, marketing, operation and finance department to build game data model and analytical framework
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and training of a Data Analytics team
- Coach talented analysts to realize their proven potential
- Lead the awareness and training of data and tools
- Design and keep improving data platform and its sub-systems (data collecting, data analyzing, data service, reports generating and data visualization)
- Track KPIs on regular basis to provide sufficient information for project decisions
- Provide specific analysis report (correlation analysis, retention analysis, user profiling, competitive analysis, corporation analysis) on demands
- Provide strategic advises to assist other departments based on data analysis
- Work with game designer to implement BI for game functionalities
- Design standard KPIs, provide analysis report for essential operation milestones to support operation team
We are looking for someone that has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence or any other relevant field).
- At least 5 years’ working experience as game data analyst, and experience with entire game project data analyzing.
- +2 years in team leadership and management.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (R, Python, Tableau)
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Proficiency at modelling data for analysis then creating visualisations
- Expertise at providing data backed insight to game developers
- Experience working with senior members of a team including Creative & Studio Directors
- Experience managing data analytics teams and having direct reports
- Passion for persistent online games
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.