Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Animator to join its development team in the Raleigh, NC area, working on a new UE4 Co-Op online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Animator at Funcom, Inc. will work closely together with the other animators and designers to create, implement and polish character combat and movement animations
- Creating Animations for Funcom's new UE4 Co-op Shooter project.
- Rigging/skinning characters, monsters, and props in 3dsMax.
- Implementing in-game assets using proprietary tools as well as 3rd party pipelines such as Unreal.
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and wrangle character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Develops tools and plug-ins to optimize animation and rigging workflow.
- Work as a uniform team with effects artists, character artists, art director and programmers.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax.
- Strong IK/FK animation skills.
- Experience with non-biped skinning/rigging.
- The ability to work in a team setting.
- The ability to take direction from the art director and to deliver consistently on time.
- Proactive, independent and self-driven.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience with playing FPS, Co-Op or other online games.
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).