From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Now, our Oslo studio is working on several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero) and internal (e.g. a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Our Core Tech department is now ready to offer Junior positions within the field of Graphics-Rendering Programmer. In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a team of dedicated engine and rendering programmers. You will be tasked with designing, writing and optimizing rendering features, working closely with the artists to help us create visually compelling experiences.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques
- 3d Math skills
- Strong C++ and software design skills
- An understanding of the architecture of modern GPUs (GCN, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- A passion for visuals
- Knowledge of UE4 is preferable, but not a must
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!