From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Our team in the Nordic region is now looking for a Gameplay Programmer to work on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
As a gameplay programmer at Funcom, you will be able to work with a team of highly skilled programmers in an interesting and challenging PC/console project using Unreal Engine. This is a large-scale multiplayer sandbox game in a persistent world with a wide variety of features. Working in Funcom’s programming teams offers interesting challenges such as the opportunity to work with data-oriented programming (ECS) and shared simulation across multiple game servers.
As a part of the gameplay programming team, you will collaborate with designers, animators, UI/UX and artists in multidisciplinary strike teams working towards completing a set of features. You will be expected to solve challenges and contribute to delivering high quality features within the established milestones.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Good C++ skills
- Previous experience as a game programmer, either with a game development company or personal projects
- A recently completed bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus, but not a requirement
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from close to 30 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing