From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in the Nordic region needs a Lead Concept Artist to work on a new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Lead Concept Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency for concept art, setting high visual standards, and defining project style and tone.
In this role, you are a well-rounded team ambassador: a master communicator, collaboration facilitator, and above all, a skilled artist. You fully understand the concept art creation process, along with style guides and creative briefs. You are able to step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work closely with the project Art Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all areas for the project
- Collaborate with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate Concept Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Lead, mentor and motivate concept artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the art pipeline
- Review completed work, ensuring its aligned with the artistic direction and 3D requirements
- Produce high-quality concept art, with the ability to deliver consistent quality across all areas of environments, lighting, characters, vehicles, props and more
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust and communication
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
We are looking for someone that has:
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.