From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250+ people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for a Tools Programmer to join our studio in Raleigh, NC, which is working both on a new sandbox survival game using the DUNE IP, as well as Conan Exiles.
You will work in a cross-studio team in charge of the development of tools and DevOps, distributed across all our studio locations. You will report to the lead tools programmer, and be responsible for providing DevOps support to the team in NC, as well as defining, planning, developing studio tools and backend systems enhancements
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family-oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 3+ years of development experience in Python or C#.
- Familiar with relational database systems, SQL, and stored procedures.
- Good knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of Perforce.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Self-motivated with the desire to help, learn, grow, and proactively address issues.
- The ability to systematically troubleshoot a problem from front-end, to back end.
- Ability to communicate and understand problems as described by users.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of UE4
- Working experience in the development as well as consumption of REST APIs.
- Hands-on experience with containers (K8s/Docker)
- DevOps experience.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Hands-on development work on architecting and implementing tools to support the dev team as well as the live games team.
- Improve tools, workflow, and pipelines which will increase designer efficiency and capabilities.
- Interface with designers and artists across multiple teams to seek feedback on tools, workflow, and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot, determine root cause and fix tools and pipeline systems
- Educate developers on the use of design tools and pipelines through personal demos and documentation.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.