Funcom was founded in 1993 and during the past 27 years we've created everything from pixel platformers to massively multiplayer online games. The team has grown, and the studio has changed over the years, but we have always remained true to what drives us: Make great games and have a damn good time doing it. We want Funcom to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. We might not always get it right, but we always do it with passion and the desire to create something special and unique. For more insight on what makes Funcom the long-standing company we are, be sure to check out our history!
Funcom is looking for a Tools Programmer to join our studio in Raleigh, NC, which is working both on a new sandbox survival game using the DUNE IP, as well as Conan Exiles.
You will work in a cross-studio team in charge of the development of tools and DevOps, distributed across Oslo, Lisbon, and Raleigh. You will report to the lead tools programmer, and be responsible for providing DevOps support to the team in NC, as well as defining, planning, developing studio tools and backend systems enhancements
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family-oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 3+ years of development experience in Python or C#.
- Familiar with relational database systems, SQL, and stored procedures.
- Good knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of Perforce.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Self-motivated with the desire to help, learn, grow, and proactively address issues.
- The ability to systematically troubleshoot a problem from front-end, to back end.
- Ability to communicate and understand problems as described by users.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of UE4
- Working experience in the development as well as consumption of REST APIs.
- Hands-on experience with containers (K8s/Docker)
- DevOps experience.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Hands-on development work on architecting and implementing tools to support the dev team as well as the live games team.
- Improve tools, workflow, and pipelines which will increase designer efficiency and capabilities.
- Interface with designers and artists across multiple teams to seek feedback on tools, workflow, and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot, determine root cause and fix tools and pipeline systems
- Educate developers on the use of design tools and pipelines through personal demos and documentation.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the US and this will be an onsite / full time position (no remote work outside of COVID consideration).