Founded in 1993, Funcom has been developing and publishing games for almost three decades. In recent years, the company has seen massive success with its best best-selling hit Conan Exiles. Now fully owned by Tencent, Funcom is expanding its team as it sets out on a journey of bringing several games based on popular Dune universe to gamers around the world.
As part of that expansion, Funcom is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions. One key role is the Sales Director who will be working strategically and tactically on all titles, developed both internally and externally. The Sales Director will lead the Sales and Distribution team and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Your Mission in Funcom
As Sales Director you will work closely with high-profile brands such as Conan the Barbarian and Dune. You will work together with the Marketing Director, Community Engagement Director, and the Marketing Art Director as well as their teams in creating and executing go-to-market strategies to successfully launch, drive sales, and maximize revenue for products across PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch. Leveraging data both internal and external, you will take lead on developing and executing sales and distribution strategies, also working closely with the Marketing Director and their team on paid media campaigns to drive sales and other types of conversions. You and your team will be responsible for both digital and retail distribution of products, developing pricing strategies and ensuring availability and increased presence across stores/platforms while working to implement and optimize store pages to maximize conversion.
You have a proven track record of successfully launching AA and AAA titles. Gaming is part of your DNA and your enthusiasm for the industry and trade will inspire your team to do their best work, and you will enjoy great freedom in coming up with new and innovative ways to distribute, sell, and monetize our games.
This position is ideally located at the Funcom Oslo studio in Norway, but for the right candidate other solutions can be considered including other Funcom studios and remote work.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 10+ years experience in the gaming industry of which a minimum of five years have been spent in high-level sales/marketing roles
- Successfully shipped several AA and AAA titles across multiple platforms, both digital and retail. Experience with AAA games as a service on PC/console is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (MBA preferred)
- The desire to lead and inspire a team, being both a leader and a manager
- A genuine interest in analyzing trends and using data to make informed decisions, but also wanting to innovate and create new paths to success
- The ability to plan and manage the work of others, but also work operationally
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with people from different professions across teams, to deliver on a unified vision
- Work with your team and other teams to create detailed go-to-market plans
- Push to maximize revenue across games, DLCs, and other products, working closely with producers and management to identify new opportunities to generate revenue
- Manage global and regional pricing strategies throughout a product’s life-cycle
- Oversee the planning and execution of sales, discounts, and other promotional campaigns
- Drive cross-promotions and generate sales across audiences and products, both within the Funcom ecosystem and through external stores and partners
- Oversee distribution across channels and platforms, both digital and retail, and contribute to the development of different product editions, their content, and pricing tiers
- Pursue business opportunities such as cross-promotions as well as subscription and bundle deals with first-party platforms, stores, and other partners
- Produce sales forecasts based on internal and external data and business intelligence
- Work with the Marketing team to create paid media campaigns that turns purchase intent into action, driving different types of conversions from wishlists to pre-orders and sales
- Lead and inspire a team of professionals to do their best work
- Manage your team’s work to ensure deadlines are kept and that dependencies across teams and departments are honored
- Challenge upwards and challenge downwards, building convincing arguments rooted in both data and experience to push your team, the department, and the company forward
- Work in collaboration with other teams in the department as well as company management and production teams, both internally and externally
- Track and use KPIs to evaluate, improve, and steer your own work and that of your team
- Play an important part in continuing to build the marketing department, hiring great people
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.