Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Lead Programmer to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment
As a Lead Programmer, you will be responsible for driving forwards a talented and enthusiastic team of engineers in a variety of games. You will design solutions, coach new team members and guarantee the quality of the work being delivered.
- Responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Oversee the work being done by any other developers working on the project.
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team.
- Ownership of development plans and have supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time and under budget.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns.
- Prior experience in managing teams of programmers.
- Large experience with C++.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN.
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.