Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Lead Programmer to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment
As a Lead Programmer, you will be responsible for driving forwards a talented and enthusiastic team of engineers in a variety of games. You will design solutions, coach new team members and guarantee the quality of the work being delivered.
- Responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Oversee the work being done by any other developers working on the project.
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team.
- Ownership of development plans and have supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time and under budget.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns.
- Prior experience in managing teams of programmers.
- Large experience with C++.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal after the situation with COVID-19 allows for it.
- Authorization to work in Europe
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal after the situation with COVID-19 allows for it - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.